Help us KEEP THE TEAM in healthcare!
- Nurse Practitioners in California are trying to legislate themselves the right to practice independently of physicians. We believe every patient deserves physician-led care, and we believe that physician education is long and rigorous for a reason. AB890 would allow NPs to practice any specialty alone and order and INTERPRET IMAGING studies.
- PPP has identified 4 major talking points regarding AB890.
- AB890 would damage team-based care
- AB890 does not increase the number of practitioners to care for patients
- AB890 will not increase rural access to care
- AB890 is overly broad and would allow Nurse Practitioners to claim any specialty and set up independent practice
PLEASE CONTACT LEGISLATORS ABOUT AB890:
Choose which talking point you’d like to address with legislators. Clicking a link will open an autopopulated email, ready for you to edit and send. Legislator email addresses are also preloaded, so this really is as easy as clicking and sending!